Monday, October 5, 2009

Editorial: Perry's certainty about execution ignores Science.

02:55 PM CDT on Friday, September 25, 2009

Lately, there have been a lot of problems forming with Governor Perry from things he has said to now his Actions. In the editorial that I chose the question is did Perry execute and innocent man? Perry so certain that Willingham was guilty he delivered his own guilty verdict with out bothering to wait for Forensic Science Commissions conclusions. Perry also states to the Dallas News that the evidence was “overwhelming” against Willingham. I would think that he would stop and think about it what he was saying. Especially, when the arson investigation was rebuked by a nationally respected fire engineer, I have absolutely no clue what Perry was thinking. In this case I do agree with this editorial. But I also don’t know what I would do if I was in Perry’s position I would have wanted a lot more evidence before I put my own accountability at stake and signed off on it and letting it happen. Now, with all that has happened I really don’t blame him for replacing the chairman of the Texas Forensic Science Commission and getting everything set before the case happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment